Basic execution. The following points of judgment will have to be taken into account:
- correct sequence of techniques;
- power control;
- contraction and de-control control;
- speed and rhythm control;
- correct direction of movements;
- understanding of the expressed techniques;
- embusen (only for styles that require it);
- movement of the head and eyes;
- coordination of movements;
The aforementioned points will have to be evaluated with great attention: the Judges they will have to avoid getting emotionally involved in simple athletic gymnastic performances if they are lacking regarding the martial form and the mental attitude expressed by the competitor.
The kata must be performed competently and must demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles that inspired it.
In evaluating the performance of an athlete or a team the Judges must take this into account.
In team performance, synchronization is an additional factor.